The holidays are full of travel opportunities, but have you downloaded the travel apps you need before you pack your bags? These travel apps will have you sleeping, eating, drinking, and navigating like a pro.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, taking steps to keep ourselves from getting lost and stuck at the airport, or on the road, is a good first step. After all, getting lost and stranded with tons of luggage at an airport after having missed a flight is bad for everyone.
If you’ve set out to fly internationally, you know the drill: your passport and ticket, a carry-on bag, and a checked bag. But what if you don’t have a checked bag? Or what if you fly internationally often and want to get the best deal for your money? And how do you find where to stay? Where the best places to eat are? Fortunately, nowadays, there are apps that can help.
Here Are the Best Travel Apps to Install for You
- LoungeBuddy. LoungeBuddy, released in 2017, is an easy-to-use, free travel service that helps people find and access airport lounges before they are due to fly. Airport lounges have a wealth of facilities that those with access can use. For example, those who have had a long flight can make use of the shower facilities, those with children may be able to make use of kids’ rooms full of toys, and anyone can make use of the bars and restaurant facilities within these lounges, as they are all-inclusive. LoungeBuddy enables users to access these lounges on-demand, whether it’s a one-time visit, or if they are wanting to use them a little more frequently.
- Hostelworld. Hostelworld is the leading online platform for booking hostel accommodation in over 9,000 locations in more than 190 countries. If you’re planning a trip, and are perhaps on a tighter budget, you’ll want to download their app before you book anywhere so that you can take advantage of their huge discounts and last-minute deals.
- Skyscanner. Skyscanner allows you to search for flights, hotels, car rentals, and more, and compare the best deals available so that you can save both time and money via either their website or app.
- HotelTonight. HotelTonight is a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices and makes finding and booking accommodations a breeze. For those who are a little more flexible with their travel plans, you can find last-minute deals at thousands of hotels all over the world with the help of HotelTonight.
- TripIt. TripIt has been on many families’ iPhones since their first years on the market, and people have been using it to plan their vacations ever since. With TripIt, you don’t have to remember all those important travel details. Your itinerary is all in one place, and you can share it with family, friends, and coworkers who might like to travel with you. The TripIt app has a free version as well as a premium version, with premium features including access to TripIt Pro on Apple’s iCloud service.
- OpenRice. If you are staying in certain countries in Asia, OpenRice lets you order what you want from a local restaurant for delivery right to your hotel door. OpenRice is an app featuring reviews of the best and tastiest food from over 40,000 restaurants in around 10 countries. The app translates the menu for you and allows you to order food using your phone’s GPS to locate the restaurant.
- Trail Wallet. Trail Wallet is one of the best travel apps you can download. What makes it so great is its ability to manage all your different travel purchases with one simple program. Trail Wallet is a free expense tracking app that you can download to your smartphone.
- Couchsurfing. Couchsurfing is an internet community of enthusiasts who share their couches and spare beds with travelers from all over the world. It is free to join, and once you register your profile, you can explore the site in search of hosts who are open to hosting you.
- Kiwi. Kiwi is a great app to have on your trip. It works as both an app and a website, allowing you to enter any travel details you need. Whether you’re looking for the best tickets for flights, trains, or buses, as well as great deals on hotels and car hire, this travel app has everything you need.
Traveling to a new place can be a pretty stressful experience, especially if this is your first international trip. While many people book flights and accommodation, others prefer to travel as light as possible, especially if they’re traveling internationally. Therefore, the above apps can help you to plan, find the best deals, and even get yourself a taste of the local cuisine so that you can have the best possible experience on your trip.